In its six years of operation, IEPL has achieved many Achievements including:
- Total Polymer production crossed 1 million metric tons in the years 2006 to 2011.
- Ever highest yearly production of 295,865 MT of Polymer products in 2011.
- Developed 13 new grades of Poly Ethylene and Poly Propylene to meet specific requirements of customers.
- Became the net exporter of petrochemical products by exporting to 20 countries in Americas, Europe, Asia and other parts of Africa and has contributed to Nigeria becoming the net exporter from being net importer in 2005.
- Sustained raw materials’ supply for about 200 plastics companies in Nigeria by 2010.
- Has achieved domestic market share of over 85 percent of Nigeria’s market for petrochemical products.
- Dividend payment of over N33.9 billion to Federal government (through Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) & Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)) and Rivers State government.
- Saved Nigeria more than 1.8 billion UD Dollars in foreign exchange through import substitution.
- Won the Presidential Award for Exports in 2010.
- Won the Award in recognition of the highest non-oil exports from Nigerian Export Promotion Council in 2011.
- Certified with all three ISO Standards of ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 in 2012 for the best Quality, Environment and Occupational Health and Safety systems by Bureau VERITAS in May 2012.
- Won the British Safety Council Five Star Award for the best Safety, Health and Environment Management Systems in July 2012.
- Won the British Safety Council’s highest recognition of “Sword of Honour” for the best Safety, Health and Environment Management Systems in October 2012.
- Achieved the status of the Best example of successful Privatization and has become role model in the Sub Sahara region.