Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals limited (IEPL) has very solid quality assurance and quality control systems that ensure that the company produces internationally competitive products that satisfy the needs of customer
The quality of a product refers to the degree to which the product meets the customer’s expectations. QA/QC in IEPL through its quality policy is committed to meet the needs of customers and exceed their expectations by offering analytical services in terms of promptness, accuracy and reliability.
The monitoring of the quality of products starts with the incoming raw materials which are evaluated analytically to ascertain its suitability for smooth plant operations. In achieving this, an internationally accepted standard testing procedures (ASTM, UOP, ISO, APHA or Licensor) as well as specification are followed. The Quality of finished products is also assured as well before it is released to the customers.
The various systems and practices are adopted by QA/QC in ensuring that quality is achieved. These include:
- Good Laboratory practices ( GLP )
- Well documented Quality management systems (QMS )
- Safe handling of hazardous chemicals & Glassware’s
- Following standard Calibration practices with Certified Reference Standard
- In-house quality checks system to verify the produced results
- Participation in Proficiency Test Program conducted by ASTM